Our Family

Our Family
December 2013

Friday, August 24, 2012

Your 3 Words: I'm Not Ready!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this weekend can last forever because come Monday, my baby boy will be starting Kindergarten.  Neither one of us is ready for this step! I'm mean seriously, I swear this was just him, like yesterday!
And now he's this big boy and he has to go off and leave me! Insert tears. :-(

Aiden has been a stay at home kid for most of his 5 years.  He stayed home with my mom for a couple years and then when she got sick, he did go to daycare for a little while, but I worked at whichever daycare he was at. Then when I was super pregnant with Emma (a little over 2 years ago), I was able to stay home and he's been home with me ever since.

I've made sure to talk about how he's going to be starting school this year and it was never really a big deal, until it was a week away.  I don't want it to sneak up on him so I told him on Monday that in a week, he has to go to school.  His response was, "I have to go tomorrow?" I explained that it wasn't tomorrow but in seven days.  He immediately reached over and grabbed me, buried his head in my armpit and got all teary.  Great! This is going to be tougher than I thought because that got me crying, but I had to not let him see me upset and try to tell him how much fun it's gonna be.  He's convinced that it won't be and I'm hoping that his teacher can convince him otherwise...and fast!

I just keep picturing his little face the 2 times we had to leave him at daycare alone. Screaming, crying, yelling for us and that is what I think has me worried.  I know that I have to keep it together because if he sees me upset, that'll worry him and he's more likely to be upset himself. It's not going to be easy.

Hopefully we'll both get used to this whole school thing quickly.  And who knows, maybe he'll surprise me and be completely fine.  One thing I can promise you is once I tear myself away, I'm gonna need a tissue!

Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment